Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Holiness of God - unveiling the mysterium tremendum

Author: R.C. Sproul

Though I used the word “Holy” quite often; I was not able to comprehend its meaning to the full extend. R.C Sproul takes the life and words of many great Christian to give us an insight into the Holiness of God. Rudolf Otto's “mysterium tremendum”; the reason for Luther’s insanity etc: are some of the points which he expands to show how God’s holiness is transcendental.

I finished reading this book two days back. The most important thing which I gained from this book is that it gave me a clear understanding between God’s mercy and justice. We blame God for injustice because we fail to distinguish between God’s mercy and justice. We often take for granted God’s mercy and when His justice is revealed it we tend to rebel. This book reminds me once again.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. …. Romans.6:23

No comments: