Sunday, July 6, 2008

Death of a Guru: Seek And You Shall Find

Author: Rabi R. Maharaj
A Remarkable True Story of one Man's Search for Truth !!
Rabi is an Indian brought up in Trinidad. The biography begins with the story of Rabi’s Father who was also a yogi. Rabi remembers his father who used to spend all his time in meditation.
"For eight long years he uttered not a word. The trance-like condition he had achieved is called in the East a state of higher consciousness and can be attained only through deep meditation."
Following the path of his father Rabi also became a yogi. But his search for truth led him to Jesus. This book was really interesting for me because I could identify myself with Rabi at many instances. It helps you to distinguish between “enlightenment” and “salvation”.
Living a busy life in this world many of us fail to identify the spiritual world which surrounds us and its significance in our life. Surely this book has created much controversy; but I found Rabi’s experiences parallel to mine. I have also searched for life and found the answer with Jesus.

I read this book two years back and handed it over to my room mate in the guest house I was staying. Hope he read it :).

No comments: