Friday, July 18, 2008

Now Reading - The Holy Spirit my Senior Partner

Author: Paul (David) Yonggi Cho

I read a few chapters of this book and then felt that I already learnt most of the things written in that. So I closed it and turned to another book which spoke about the mysteries (the word mystery made me curious) of Holy Spirit only to find later that the new book which I started reading had a lot of theological problems. So I closed that and returned back to this book again. Then I found that the questions which I had in my mind were answered clearly in this book by Yonggi Cho.

I started thinking what made the difference when Yonggi Cho speaks about Holy Spirit. The answer is that Yonggi Cho learnt about Holy Spirit from Holy Spirit Himself and not from a theological seminary or another institution. Of course I do appreciate people going to seminary and studying theology. I too attend Bible studies happening at my workplace. But to teach and lead a congregation you need to attend the school of Holy Spirit.
This book from Yonggi Cho is trustworthy and it gives you an understanding of who Holy Spirit is from Bible as well as Pastor Cho’s experience.

No comments: